Below is a list of the Space Abyss updates in the last couple of months. If you want to see each update as they come, you can visit https://space.alphacoders.com , or check out our Discord!
## [0.2.10] - 2020-11-2
- Bodies can now give a bonus or negative to researching
- Manufacturing body now also gives a +2 to researching
- MLM body gives a +1 to research
- Science Vessel - Gives a +3 to research stations on it
- Fuel display for ships that require engines
- Acid Egg
- Event with lower difficulty than the bug spawner - spawning an acid egg that turns into... something!
- No longer clearing assemblies and researches when the player switches views. This should make manufacturers, forges, research stations, etc, show what
they are doing more often.
- Increased Voonita, Transporter, and AI Dust spawn amounts on Desert Planets
- Voon Egg sprite
- The initial wreck type in the galaxy won't disappear if you move onto it anymore
## [0.2.9] - 2020-10-28
- M HP and M AT will now stack properly
- M Man - manufacturing boost created from moss.
- Clients will now receive limited information about spawned events associated with the game's storyteller
- Galaxy news messages when a player defeats a negative galactic event
- Warnings are displayed on a planet's information if there is a dangerous galaxy event happening on the planet
## [0.2.8] - 2020-10-26
- More planet types that the initial storyteller event can spawn on
- Old spawned events will now be deleted when a planet is destroyed by an admin
- Ice blocks not spawning on Frozen Planet
- Lots of bugs with events spawning
- Diamond asteroid display
- All planet coords now load when the server starts up. There were too many issues with trying to selectively load planet coords at startup
- Increased the chance of a successful monster spawn
- Increased the spawn rate of AI Dust Deposits on the main level of the desert planet
## [0.2.7] - 2020-10-23
- Error message when trying to switch bodies from too far away
- Global message when a player logs in. Eventually I'll turn this off, but I feel its important for community buildint at this stage of Space Abyss's development
- Option to have your browser notify you when another player logs in.
- Line of Sight for ranged weapons (only active on players for now )
- Inventory being taken from non active bodies while assembling
- Manufacturing Augment can now be assembled again - in the Augmentation Station
- Default chat set to global
- debug mode is using browser local storage instead of a cookie. The server doesn't need to know if you are using debug mode or not
- The way walls are drawn. This should make them look better overall.
## [0.2.6] - 2020-10-20
- Some spawning was looking for a socket that was never there and throwing errors. Now passing in an empty Object
- Jelly should now stack properly all the time
- Blue Algae should now stack properly all the time
- Inventory items sometimes going to the wrong body
- Eating and addiction linkers will now stick with the body they originally were on. This also gives players the ability to go from body to body, healing them up.
- Getting to the point of researching AI Fragments was INCREDIBLY difficult. Failures on researching weren't increasing skill fast enough. I'm now using the same
system as with manufacturing. Increasing skill by the full complexity of the item on a failure.
## [0.2.5] - 2020-10-17
- Various menus would still show all inventory items from all bodies a player has as being immediately usable. No more!
- Quite a few events weren't spawning properly. The Water planet in particular was pretty barren. I should have drastically improved this.
## [0.2.4] - 2020-10-17
- A task system. The idea with this system is to help players that don't enjoy the organic discovery inherent in the Space Abyss sandbox style environment.
- Forager NPC job. Will go around to different planets, harvest things, and will sell them to players.
- Bug Attack NPC job. Will travel to a planet and royally screw it up
- Admin warp to npc
- Events can spawn NPCs
- Acid flies now drop Exodium (there isn't a super relevant tier 3 drop for them, so this will at least be useful)
- Player logs (they're kind of almost event/galaxy logs now) can have a ship_id or planet_id attached to them
- Blue Algae can now be picked up
- Wrecks and Zuran Cruiser Wrecks weren't spawning properly in the galaxy
- Desert Storm floor tile
- Admin spawning objects
- Only active events will spawn in the galaxy
- You can now move onto a portal from any tile that it is on, not just the base tile
- Events will now listen to the planet HP requirements to spawn
- Lots of updates to the NPC system code
## [0.2.3] - 2020-09-30
- Milk Slerm Egg
- Milk Slerm Eggs can grow into Milk Slerms
- Milk Slerms can drop Milk Slerm Eggs
- When you switch bodies, you now have the option of moving your inventory with you, or leaving it on the previous body. This lets players setup bodies
with different sets of inventory based what tasks they want that body to accomplish.
- Slerm Berry Egg
- Slerm Berry Egg as potential drop from Slerm Berry Tree
- Vooard now drops AI Dust
- Icer Pistol
- Diamond Deposit
- Diamond Armor - chest/body, legs, and helmet
- Diamond Asteroid
- Slerm Armor - chest/body, legs, and helmet
- Rare Inferno Core drop to AI Forge
- The body of an inventory item was not being updated after the creation of the inventory item
- Display for plasma skill
- Game file index for Corrosive Goo
- Slerm Berries no longer have the potential to spawn things. This didn't work anyway since Slerm Berries stack. Replaced this functionality with a Slerm Berry Egg object.
- Voonita spawn levels from 0 to -3 to 0 to -1
- Scrapslog spawning from rare to common
- Desert Cruiser Wreck will now de-spawn after about a day and a half
- Updated sprite for Hull Welder
- Updated image for Coral Bloom and Coral Fragment
- Added a spawn to The Great Nomad
## [0.2.2] - 2020-09-23
- Object Types now have two additional properties - is_portal and attaches_to_object_type_id. This lets different object types be portals, and lets the look
of the enterance/exit be different.
- Event linkers now have a spawns_off_grid property. Events can be created that will spawn something (right now ships with portals in them) off grid to make extra
caves and areas to explore beyond the default planet makeup
- Added Desert Cave #1 event
- Burster spawning on Desert Planet
- Corrosive Goo
- Vooard spawning on Desert Planet
- Water Ship
- Living Wood Ship
- Coral Bloom
- Coral Fragment
- Silk Ship
- Increased Bionic Crab hp, exp, and damage
- Increased Sea Urchin hp, exp, and damage
- Increased Jellyfish hp, exp, and damage
- Decreased Laser Rifle damage from 10 to 6
- Decreased Laser Gun damage from 5 to 2
- Monsters and players showing up in the wrong view
- Ships wouldn't load into memory if not owned by a player unless a player saw that ship in space.
- Expanded The Great Nomad
## [0.2.1] - 2020-09-11
- Silk Fragment
- Spiders on Azure Planets now drop Silk Fragments
- Broken Nanite Clusters now drop AI Dust
- Algae King now drops Living Wood, Algae, and Blue Algae
- Protein Powder
- Voon eggs can be made into Powder
- Human bodies can eat Protein Powder
- Kick Plants can now be farmed on Spaceships (Use Ice or Life Water to heal them, same idea as Algae Vats)
- is_damaged property to ship coords. This should make it easier for the server to go through and find damaged tiles to heal, and undamaged tiles to damage.
- Support for ship walls and floors that aren't the normal ship wall/floor. Water, desert, and more coming soon (the reasons for this are also coming soon)!
- A new monster movement type - warp away.
- Burster Monster
- Observer Monster
- Multiple beam fixes. Mining beams would sometimes disappear, or laser beams would show up at the wrong destination (looked like monsters were attacking each other)
- Additional effect fixes. Resetting things like rotation and sprite origin for a re-used sprite.
- Broken Nanite Cluster Animation having an empty frame.
- Slerm Milk can now be picked up.
- Admin ability to spawn monsters on ships wasn't working. This really only applies to testing monsters.
- Bug with monsters moving on ships. Turns out the ship coords were never actually saving that a monster was on them.
- Players will no longer get a skill increase for attacking objects that don't attack back (doors, walls, etc)
- Increased the dirt pile amount that Mag Dust will drop from 1 to 4
- When first docking at or otherwise going to a ship, if that ship has an airlock, the server will try to place the player near the airlock first.
- Did another pass at using neighbor coords to place and drop things. I'm slowly getting a good and fast system working.
- To repair a ship, you will now need the material that ship was made out of (commonly Territe for beginner ships, Exodium for the next tier of ships, etc)
- The order of the 'Switch To' and 'Dock At Azure Planet' buttons. Switch To is now the first button
- Started up The Great Nomad moving in and out of the galaxy
- Increased pod health from 10 to 30. Pods were insta-dying in the area around the sun. I think it was too confusing for new players.
## [0.2.0] - 2020-08-29
- Energy Blade
- Consumables for Slerm player body types
- Players now have the ability to move up stairs they are currently on. Right Click -> Move Up Stairs
- Bug with trying to add an adjacent index back if the adjacent coord was not found
- Bug with pathfinding going out of bounds of the grid when we fail to find a path, and then try to find paths around it
- Mutliple other bugs with pathfinding, as well as efficiency changes
- Warmind spawning removed from level -7 of machine worlds
- Reduced Glitched God damage
- All current monsters on the Water Plant are now weak to Electric attacks.
- Voon Matriarch spawning changed from Rare to Epic
- Message when you can't increase HP of a spawner further (e.g. an Algae Vat) from a failure message to a success message, just letting you know that more
- Recoded how monster drops happen to use the new coord_index system
- If an object type can be walked on, it will now drop undeath a player/npc/monster
- Drops of a Warmind. Warminds can now drop AI Fragments. This gives players multiple paths to get AI Fragments. Manufacturing from AI Dust, or monster battling.
Removed Battery drop of Warminds. Changed Power Cell drop for Warminds from Rare to Common, and increased amount from 2 to 4
- Increased Portal complexity from 20 to 26
- Monsters that move adjacent now use the new coord neighbor index system
- Basic planet movement now uses neighbor indexes. We also send the player's updated information before sending the additional off screen coords
- DDrone hacking defense modifier changed from -4 to -3
- Warmind hacking defense modifier changed from 0 to -3
1 year ago